Re: slow local connections

From: Winnie Liu <winnie_liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 21:47:07 -0700

allow me to take a wild guess.

since you can connect locally without using @connectstring, and you can get the connection immediately on other server/workstation thru sqlnet. I really don't think it's anything to do with the listener or the database. How about the resolve names of the system? Would it be that this system has a DNS server to resolve the name and the entry of that name is wrong, it got timed out and then dumped back to the /etc/hosts file to resolve the name? (as I said.. just a wild guess!)

Winnie Liu
DBA
Infonet Services Corporation
mailto:winnie_liu_at_infonet.com