Re: Context Cartridge installation and Startup

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:33:15 GMT

Alain,

You have installed the ConText Cartridge software on your server, but you then need to configure ConText for your selected database.

Since this is NT, you can simply run the Oracle Database Configuration Assistant, and you should see the option to configure Oracle ConText.

Bon chance!

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:33:06 +0200, mak29 <info_at_mak29.fr> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm a fench OTN newbie, so I need some pity...... Thanks.
>
>I have installed successfully Oracle 8.0.5 on my NT server and it's
>running quite well
>since several months yet.
>I would now explore more on the cartridges, so I installed Context this
>week end.
>I get some troubles so my questions are:
>
>1- In Oracle Enterprise Manager, I can't find the default CTXSYS user,
>and CTXAPP, CTXADMIN, CTXUSER roles.
> In contrast, I have installed the Image Cartridge and he default
>user ORDSYS is present with the right roles attributed.
> I feel that I have quite regularly installed the cartridge, have I
>missed something?
>
>2- Do I have to start the OracleContextService?
> I think the answer is YES but.....
>
>3- I call the ctxsrv80.exe, at the prompt I enter ctxsys or
>ctxsys/ctxsys name and name/password
> the window close as a splash screen....
>
>4- I call the ctxctl80.exe, enter start 1 query dml ddl, the ORCL
>database SID ans ctxsys as password.
> Message OK a Context Server is running !
> Enter status no Context Server running !
> Enter again start and everything, get an error message 2012
>
>Any suggestion is welcome!
>
>Best regards
>
>Alain MATA
>
>MAK29
>info_at_mak29.fr

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 07:33:15 CDT