Context Cartridge installation and Startup

From: mak29 <info_at_mak29.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:33:06 +0200

Hi,

I'm a fench OTN newbie, so I need some pity...... Thanks.

I have installed successfully Oracle 8.0.5 on my NT server and it's running quite well
since several months yet.
I would now explore more on the cartridges, so I installed Context this week end.
I get some troubles so my questions are:

1- In Oracle Enterprise Manager, I can't find the default CTXSYS user, and CTXAPP, CTXADMIN, CTXUSER roles.

    In contrast, I have installed the Image Cartridge and he default user ORDSYS is present with the right roles attributed.

    I feel that I have quite regularly installed the cartridge, have I missed something?

2- Do I have to start the OracleContextService?

    I think the answer is YES but.....

3- I call the ctxsrv80.exe, at the prompt I enter ctxsys or ctxsys/ctxsys name and name/password

    the window close as a splash screen....

4- I call the ctxctl80.exe, enter start 1 query dml ddl, the ORCL database SID ans ctxsys as password.

    Message OK a Context Server is running !     Enter status no Context Server running !     Enter again start and everything, get an error message 2012

Any suggestion is welcome!

Best regards

Alain MATA

MAK29
info_at_mak29.fr Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 03:33:06 CDT