Re: Oracle 8i Intermedia and OLE

From: <knudaage_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:30:47 GMT

Hi Mark,
I already have:
&#61623; Create index blob_test_idx on blob_table(blob_column) indextype is ctxsys.context PARAMETERS('FILTER ctxsys.INSO_FILTER');

&#61623; Grant ctxapp to app_owner;
&#61623; Started ”ctxsrv –user ctxsys/ctxsys” at the NT server
&#61623; No records in ctxsys. ctx_users_indexes !
&#61623; C:\Oracle\Ora81 as my ORACLE_HOME in NT environment-variable
&#61623; “C:\Oracle\Ora81\CTX\bin” in my Path
&#61623; Tried to search for “no-noise”-word like project, family ...
But I also got 590 records in my ctxsys. CTX_USER_INDEX_ERRORS all with the same text: DRG-11101: failed to open file \drgit4. And still no hits with my contins or score() .

How can I avoid the error: DRG-11101: failed to open file \drgit4 ?

Mads Poulsen
knudaage_at_hotmail.com

...My mother got a brother...
...But it’s not Bob...

In article <37E973E0.5492E09_at_us.oracle.com>,   Mark Townsend <mtownsen_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:
> --------------B66B4AE686497E1BBE5D16B8
>
> Try
>
> SELECT primary_key_column id, ctxsys.score(1) score FROM table t
> WHERE ctxsys.contains(blob_column, ‘John’, 1) > 0
> ORDER BY score DESC;
>
> to get the documents identified by the primary_key and ordered by
number
> of hits. Also try a better keyword than 'John' - I think by default
this
> would have been indexed using the default preference, but am not sure.
> Do NOT use a noise word, such as I, is, the, a, and - as these are
not
> indexed by default.
>
> To review, you should have done something like the following before
this

> 1) Index the blob using the default preference with the INSO filter
i.e
> CREATE INDEX index_name ON table_name (blob_name)
> INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CONTEXT
> PARAMETERS('filter ctxsys.inso_filter');
>
> 2) Check for errors (should return 0 rows).
> SELECT count(*) FROM CTX_USER_INDEX_ERRORS;
>
> If you have any errors at this stage, check that
> a) You have ORACLE_HOME set as an environment variable. This must
> happen BEFORE
> you start the database, so if you don't set it, and restart the
> instance
> b) You have ORACLE_HOME\ctx\bin in your PATH
>
> 3) Check the status of the index by
> SELECT idx_id id, idx_name name, idx_table_owner tname,
> idx_key_name key, idx_text_name text, idx_dociid_count nbr,
> idx_status status
> FROM ctx_users_indexes;
>
> You should see the index name, the name of the table, the
> primary_key_column name, the blob column name, the number of documents
> indexed, and the current status of the index (INDEXED).
>
> Then Bob should be your mothers brother....
>
> knudaage_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I’ve (at last) successfully created an intermedia index at my Oracle
> > 8.1.5.0.0 Enterprise. A table with a BLOB-column stores OLE2-
objects,
> > and I tried to create ctxsys.context (index) with both a NULL_FILTER
> > and a INSO_FILTER on the blob-column, but I have no hits when
trying to
> > select count(*) from object_table where contains(blob_column,
‘John’);
> > And I KNOW there should be some hits, there are over 500 MS-Word-
> > documents.
> >
> > How can that be?
> >
> > Regards
> > Mads Poulsen
> >
> > knudaage_at_hotmail.com

> --
> Regards,
>
> Mark Townsend
>
> Senior Product Manager Ph: (650)

633 5764
> Server Division Fx: (650)

506 7222
> Oracle Corporation Email:

mtownsen_at_us.oracle.com
> --------------B66B4AE686497E1BBE5D16B8
>
> begin:vcard
> n:Townsend;Mark
> tel;fax:(650) 506 7222
> tel;home:(650) 558 1379
> tel;work:(650) 633 5764
> x-mozilla-html:FALSE
> url:www.oracle.com
> org:Oracle Corporation;Server Division
> version:2.1
> email;internet:mtownsen_at_us.oracle.com
> title:Senior Product Manager
> adr;quoted-printable:;;4op626=0D=0A400 Oracle Parkway;Redwood
City;CA;94065;USA
> x-mozilla-cpt:;0
> fn:Mark Townsend
> end:vcard
>
> --------------B66B4AE686497E1BBE5D16B8--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 10:30:47 CDT