Re: Urgent - startup problem "ORA-27146: post/wait initialization failed"-Error

From: Jeff Hunter <jeffh_at_btitelecom.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:36:37 -0400

I had this same problem on Solaris 2.7 a few months ago. I don't remember the exact /etc/system parameter I had to bump up, however it related to system resources. My /etc/system params on a box with 256MB RAM and 512MB swap are:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=134217728
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=100