Oracle 8.1.5i on Linux - can't create a database!

From: Robert Claeson <robert.claeson_at_nospamskiii.brigtid.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:45:56 +0200

I'm installing 8.1.5i on Red Hat Linux 6.0 and am having problems creating databases with it. I've made sure that all the prerequisites are ok (kernel params, compatibility rpm's etc). Db Assistant generates errors. A closer inspection shows that the errors comes from the scripts it generates, although there's really nothing wrong with them.

After svrmgrl is started, the script connects with "connect internal". That works ok. Then it performs:

startup nomount pfile = /u01/oradata/admin/ORCL/pfile/initORCL.ora

Now, svrmgrl responds with TWO messages: ORACLE instance started.
ORA-01012: not logged on

Then the script tries to create a database with "create database yadda yadda..." but it fails since the connection to the database is lost. Anybody has a clue about what's going on here!?

TIA, Robet Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 15:45:56 CDT