Re: Upgrade to Oracle 8

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:46:08 -0400

I've done this also. I would add at least another 200M to your system tablespace unless it's already got a lot of unused space. I've also found that v8 sometimes picks up some PL/SQL errors that v7 lets go by. You might want to create your v8 database and try your stored objects' code in it wherever you can, before you migrate. Or at least leave a little time for making corrections after the migration.

Van

Feher Lajos <feherl_at_finit.hu> wrote in message news:37D6B993.5D0372C8_at_finit.hu...
> Hello
>
> I've already done some upgrade.
> my advice: follow the documentation. that is a correct solution to
upgrade.

> feherl
>

> Glenn Baron wrote:
>
> > Ugh. We were happily about to stick with Oracle 7.3.4 into Year 2000,
but
> > some politicking means that we must do a 'quick' upgrade to 8.0 (on a
Sun