Any proof: Sendmail crashes Oracle or vice versa????

From: Tom Williamson <tomw_at_action.cnchost.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 22:07:17 GMT

Does anyone out there have any information regarding Sendmail crashing Oracle 8.0.5, or Oracle crashing Sendmail?

I think we have a configuration problem that is keeping Sendmail from working.

Someone else in our organization thinks that Oracle and Sendmail don't work together - this person told me that long ago, they turned on Sendmail and it "crashed Oracle" so now that Sendmail isn't working, we should just abandon it altogether. (I realize this makes no sense.) I just want to make sure I'm on solid ground before I go back and tell this other person that our machine is configured incorrectly and Sendmail itself is not the problem.

Thanks - Tom Received on Wed Sep 08 1999 - 17:07:17 CDT