Re: V$ rights

From: <benryan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 05:42:41 GMT

In article <86hfleatdj.fsf_at_churchill.ourvillage.com>,   buzzwang_at_ourvillage.com wrote:

> I have an interesting problem. I have a user who's task
> it is to monitor a database's performance during a load
> test. Without granting DBA to that user, what would be
> the next best thing to allow that user to query the v$
> views?

grant the "select any table" privilege to the user. This allows the user to see all tables not just v$ tables. So, if there is any sensitive application data that the user should not see, then this would not be a good idea, but no worse than granting the DBA role. At least the user could not alter any sensitive data!
> --
> David F. Newman
> Oracle DBA
> buzzwang_at_ourvillage.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 00:42:41 CDT