Re: Problem with Oracle SGA larger than 1GB

From: <ihm_at_allgemeine-kredit.de>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:00:20 GMT

Hello !
Think you can't do this. Maybe even you operating System can not handle that large data segments, but more serious: As far as I remember, oracle below 8.0 can not handle that large SGA's.

regards, Marc-Oliver Ihm

In article <37C68715.5956B233_at_via.at>,
  Alexander Schiftner <weissdv_at_via.at> wrote:
> I am trying to increase the shared_pool_size of my Oracle-Instance to
about 3GB.
> When starting up the instance,
> Oracle is not able of attaching the shared memories. I am using
Oracle 7.3.4 on
> a NCR S50 with NCR-Unix MP-RAS 3.02. Since the S50 is configured with
4GB of
> RAM, I would like to use 3GB of it for the Oracle-Instance, to improve
> performance.
> Is there anyone who knows such problems?
> Please help!!!
>
> Alex Schiftner
>
> --

> | AUSTROSOFT
(R) Weiss

Datenverarbeitung GmbH
> Email: |
Lilienberggasse 13
> Alexander Schiftner <weissdv_at_via.at> | A -1130 Wien,
Austria
> | Telephon: +43 1 877
62 05-17
> | Fax: +43 1 877
62 05-21

-------

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Aug 28 1999 - 05:00:20 CDT