Problem with Oracle SGA larger than 1GB

From: Alexander Schiftner <weissdv_at_via.at>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:39:50 +0200

I am trying to increase the shared_pool_size of my Oracle-Instance to about 3GB. When starting up the instance,
Oracle is not able of attaching the shared memories. I am using Oracle 7.3.4 on a NCR S50 with NCR-Unix MP-RAS 3.02. Since the S50 is configured with 4GB of RAM, I would like to use 3GB of it for the Oracle-Instance, to improve performance.
Is there anyone who knows such problems? Please help!!!

Alex Schiftner

--

                                              |          AUSTROSOFT (R) Weiss
                                              |        Datenverarbeitung GmbH
Email:                                        |            Lilienberggasse 13
Alexander Schiftner <weissdv_at_via.at>          |         A -1130 Wien, Austria