Re: Problem with Oracle SGA larger than 1GB

From: Richard Rodgers <rrodgers_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:22:21 GMT

I'm running with an SGA of 1.7+GB on a system with 6GB RAM using V7.3.4.3 In order to get anything larger to work, I need to re-link oracle with a different base address; which I plan on doing next month. FWIW - The 1.7GB is split about evenly between database buffers & shared pool. The shared pool typically runs with only a few hundred kbytes of "free" memory. So Oracle has happily consumed a shared pool in excess of 750MB.