Re: Problem with Oracle SGA larger than 1GB

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 08:50:01 -0700

Alex

I don't know exactly why you're trying to use so much of the machine resources for the shared pool, but make sure you don't leave yourself short for db_block_buffers, log_buffers, user processes etc. I wouldn't take the entire SGA size past 3 Gb, and you're attempting to use that amount of memory for just part of it. How much SQL are you loading in the shared pool? 3 Gb sounds incredibly high and probably unnecessary. Not the answer you were after, I'm sure, but worth thinking about.

Pete