Newbie: EZ Performance Tuning?

From: Eric Yu <ericyu_at_NOSPAM.centerprise.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:41:26 -0400

Hi,

We are looking to set up an Oracle 8.0.5 DB on an NT4 Workstation for development, and simply want to know what basic parameter settings would give "good" performance for read access to data (from a memory utilization perspective).

The box has 256 MB RAM, and Oracle will be the only thing running on the box -- maybe what I'm asking is, what parameters should be tweaked to maximize memory allocation to Oracle? Any quickie guidelines that don't require in depth analysis would be helpful.

Thanks,
Eric Received on Thu Aug 26 1999 - 09:41:26 CDT