Re: Looking for a online backup procedure(pl/sql) on unix

From: banicki <banicki_at_webmart.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 07:35:22 -0700

Buying anything at this point is out of the question. Client won't buy a test server to limit impact to prod- uction. Do you have some sample shell scripts based on cpio or dd? By "manual alter", did you mean an actual person signing on and submitting commands? Or the scripts...

My goal is an automated job which queries the database and generates a script which:

alter ts tsname begin backup;
HOST cp datafile /data/backup
alter ts tsname end backup;

for each available/online tablespace.
after I get this accomplished, I'll worry about the control and password files, and the init.ora. Of course, exports after that...

so the real question is? Can I HOST out of a PL/SQL procedure? what is the syntax?