Re: Cost- vs. Rule-Optimizer

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 22:23:57 +1000

One thing that sometimes works well to make the CBO do things right is to do an
ANALYZE TABLE XYZ FOR ALL INDEXED COLUMNS. Undocumented in V7, works fine there and later I believe.

I've had a few SQLs that I just couldn't get fast at all with the CBO, hints or no hints. They worked fine with the RBO. Using this ANALYZE, the CBO picked its socks up and all was fine.

HTH --
Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam