Re: Does Sqlldr Support Clob or Blob Columns?

From: Gene Hubert <ghubert_at_netpath.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 12:58:55 GMT

Thanks, this is very helpful. To be more specific, I am using Oracle 8.0.5 and would much prefer not to write each clob to a separate text file as this appears to be doing. I know how to write each clob to a separate file but it just adds a lot of complexity and overhead to my data management process.

Currently I have everything working with writing an entire table to a text file and importing via sqlldr. However I have only been able to import the clob data to a long column. From there I have to use dynamic sql to piecewise read the long and convert it to a clob.

It would greatly simplify my process if sqlldr would import the clob data directly to a clob column.

Gene Hubert