Re: Does Sqlldr Support Clob or Blob Columns?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 02:09:07 GMT

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 02:22:04 GMT, ghubert_at_netpath.net (Gene Hubert) wrote:

>I've tried a bunch of things and have been unable to load directly
>into clob columns with sqlldr. The docs seem to have nothing to say
>on the matter.

I've been able to load the contents of text files into CLOB fields. I recently did that using this control file:

LOAD DATA
  INFILE 'animal_feeding_clob.csv'
    BADFILE 'animal_feeding_clob'
  APPEND
  INTO TABLE animal_feeding
    TRAILING NULLCOLS
    (

      animal_id       INTEGER EXTERNAL TERMINATED BY ",",
      feeding_date    DATE "dd-mon-yyyy" TERMINATED BY ",",
      pounds_eaten    DECIMAL EXTERNAL TERMINATED BY ",",
      note_file_name  FILLER CHAR TERMINATED BY ",",
      note            LOBFILE (note_file_name)
                      TERMINATED BY EOF
    )

Does this help?

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 21:09:07 CDT