Re: Uninstall Oracle 8 Server (for NT) ?

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:34:25 GMT

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 03:44:22 GMT, jonathan_at_gennick.com (Jonathan Gennick) wrote:

>For Oracle8 (not 8i), I always did the following:
>
> 1. shutdown all oracle instances.
> 2. delete c:\orant
> 3. delete database files, wherever they are
> 4. Run regedit and delete
> hkey_local_machine\software\oracle
> 5. Run ODBC Administrator, delete
> any unwanted datasources.

If using this method, you should not forget to remove Oracle services from your machine. So you must either remove them using oradim80 between your steps 1 and 2 or delete their entries in the registry by using regedit and delete any ORACLE entries in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

>Jonathan

>jonathan_at_gennick.com
>http://gennick.com
>Brighten the Corner Where You Are

Regards,

Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 12:34:25 CDT