Re: Uninstall Oracle 8 Server (for NT) ?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 03:44:22 GMT

For Oracle8 (not 8i), I always did the following:

  1. shutdown all oracle instances.
  2. delete c:\orant
  3. delete database files, wherever they are
  4. Run regedit and delete hkey_local_machine\software\oracle
  5. Run ODBC Administrator, delete any unwanted datasources.

Be very careful with regedit. Be careful doing this at all. Steps 2 and 3 result in your database files being deleted. In other words, don't blame me if you delete something that you want to keep<g>.

Some good news on this front: The release notes for 8i contain documentation for removing an 8i install to create a clean machine. 8i makes the process a bit more complicated, so it's nice that Oracle documented it.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are