Re: Hot backup question !

From: Manu <emmanuel.pl.bontemps_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:04:07 +0200

Hi Tapan,

The dynamic view V$LOG_HISTORY can help you to know the frequency of switch log.
In the same way, have a look on alert<sid>.log, where each swich log are recorded.
Normally, log archiving does not affect performances althought is relatively consummer
of CPU and disk IO.
Your are able to optimize archiving performances by ajusting parameters : log_archive_buffer_size and log_archive_buffers. Archiving process should be slower as possible whithout causing switch log synchronisation problem.

Have a nice day.

Emmanuel