Re: Hot backup question !

From: Jeff Hunter <jeffh_at_btitelecom.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:18:48 -0400

One quick way is to check the alert.log file in the background_dump_dest location. You will see messages like:
Mon Aug 2 09:38:20 1999
Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 165221   Current log# 7 seq# 165221 mem# 0:
/usr/local/app/oracle/oradata/mccoy/redo07.log

Note the log sequence number at the start and end of the period you wish to monitor. Take the difference of these two numbers and multiply by the size of your redo logs. The result is how much redo you will generate during the specified time period (more or less).