Oracle 7.3.3 to 7.3.4 upgrade

From: <tobyed2_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:56:10 GMT

Hi,

  Im having a problem upgrading from 7.3.3 to 7.3.4 (yes, I know political reasons for a client) on Sun Solaris (probably irrelevant). Basically the upgrade has gone through and Ive "Upgraded Database Objects" also I havent installed any new products, I chose to keep the old ORACLE_HOME.

  When I try shutting down the database it reports ORA-00201 control file version incompatible with ORACLE version. The error message in the manual indicates "nums" in the error message but I get none. Before upgrading database objects I moved the old control files to the new ORACLE_HOME and modified parameter files etc, started the database.

  Also as far as I understand all control files should be the same size ? I have 3 all varying in size.

I know theres something Im missing ?!?

Regards

Toby

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 06:56:10 CDT