Re: Oracle 7.3.3 to 7.3.4 upgrade

From: <sunk_at_focushope.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:14:13 GMT

In article <7orocn$2oi$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   tobyed2_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im having a problem upgrading from 7.3.3 to 7.3.4 (yes, I know
> political reasons for a client) on Sun Solaris (probably irrelevant).
> Basically the upgrade has gone through and Ive "Upgraded Database
> Objects" also I havent installed any new products, I chose to keep the
> old ORACLE_HOME.
>
> When I try shutting down the database it reports ORA-00201 control
> file version incompatible with ORACLE version. The error message in
the
> manual indicates "nums" in the error message but I get none. Before
> upgrading database objects I moved the old control files to the new
> ORACLE_HOME and modified parameter files etc, started the database.
>
> Also as far as I understand all control files should be the same
size
> ? I have 3 all varying in size.
>
> I know theres something Im missing ?!?
>
> Regards
>
> Toby

Toby,

FYI, I was playing with my test db(7.3.4.0.1), and I got ORA-00201. Because I comment out the compatible=7.3.3 in my initsid.ora after I put it back, it worked again.

Hope this will help.

Thanks, Kurt.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 12:14:13 CDT