Re: ADO and Oracle Stored Procedure.

From: <morris_minor_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 09:27:54 GMT

In article <Ws2r3.85416$eF3.28171_at_news.rdc1.nj.home.com>,   "jwindsor" <cho5_at_home.com> wrote:
> I would like to find out how to debug an oracle stored procedure
kicked off
> from other processes such as ADO. I have web based database
application
> using ADO and one of the ADO application is kicking off one of the
PL/SQL
> stored procedure. However, the communication between the ADO app and
the
> PL/SQL stored procedure is kind of lost somewhere. I ran Oracle
ORADEBUG to
> find out without much success.
>
> I would appreciate any thought on how to find or trace the link
between the
> ADO and the PL/SQL procedure.

Read the MSDN Knowledgebase article Q176086 (Feb 99). A couple of warnings though. First, there is a bug in the Oracle 8.0.4.0.0 and 8.0.4.0.4 client files, which means the call will fail if the stored procedure has more than ten parameters (some people say 5). 8.0.3 and 8.0.5 are both fine though. Secondly, the MSDN article states you must specify a resultset parameter larger than the recordset it is due to return. If the recordset exceeds the reultset parameter, then the call will fail. I usually pass in an explicit parameter which allows the Procedure to exit the loop when required (read the article and you will see what I mean), as simply specifying an enormous resultset parameter seems to cause an out of memory error immediately the call is made.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 04:27:54 CDT