Re: Tuning in Oracle

From: John van der Steen <steenjoh_at_iquip.nl>
Date: 8 Aug 1999 22:08:37 GMT

Sanjeev,

The high number of messages are just messages from sqlplus or another program to say that the process needs more data or to say that all has gone right.

You should look at the more data to client value if that is quite high and you are running SQL*NET V2 you might want to adjust your SDU size.

SQL*NET V2 has a SDU-size of 2K it can be adjusted to 4-8-16 or 32 K In SQLNET V1 this was no issue but in V2 it is standard 2K

If you want to know how to adjust the SDU-size let me know.

Kind Regards,

John van der Steen