Re: Oracle 8 replication

From: Tapan Trivedi <tapan.trivedi_at_abbnm.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 09:52:03 -0500

Sandra,
 Hi. We have multimaster replication at our site here. Help me understand when you say 'real time combined with replication about twice a day' what exactly do you mean by the same ? What OS is this on ? Are you open to use of tools ? Go on the Oracle Corp home page and look up the advanced replication options.

   Also orafans.com has a good replication conference.    The thing is that replication (especially mulitmaster replication) resources are kinda scarce on the web or any place else for that matter. Even when you call Oracle Support you do not get people who really know a lot about the same . So ususally you get someone only after your tar is escalated couple of times.

   Also the repsig list might help. It does require 70 $ registration

  http://www.oracle.com/database/replication/repsig.html

                                Hope this helps and keep in touch regarding the same.

                                        Tapan