Re: SQL commands

From: <tedchyn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 13:49:18 GMT

In article <7o9ktp$kdf$1_at_nntp3.uunet.ca>,   "Puneet Khanna" <khannapk_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want to know the sql command by which i can select tables and views
from
> tab, which contain the word "dba". I know the command by which i can
get the
> rows in which the table/view name starts with "dba". The problem is
if the
> word is in between like ORA_DBA_ABC.
>
> Also, what is a decode function? where is it used?
> I do not find oracle doc. very helpful, pls. tell me a good book for
PL/SQL
> and SQL.

Puneet: There is a view dict and you can use  select table_name from dict where table_name like '%DBA%'; TABLE_NAME

DBA_2PC_NEIGHBORS
DBA_2PC_PENDING
DBA_ALL_TABLES
DBA_ANALYZE_OBJECTS
DBA_AUDIT_EXISTS
DBA_AUDIT_OBJECT
DBA_AUDIT_SESSION
DBA_AUDIT_STATEMENT
DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL
DBA_CATALOG
DBA_CLUSTERS
DBA_CLUSTER_HASH_EXPRESSIONS
DBA_CLU_COLUMNS
DBA_COLL_TYPES
DBA_COL_COMMENTS
DBA_COL_PRIVS

Ted Chyn

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 08:49:18 CDT