second alertfile ?

From: robie <rlaarhoven_at_sql-integrator.nl>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:51:23 +1000

Hi there,

I noticed three core_xxx directories in the homedir of oracle-user. I looked at the $ORACLE_BASE/admin/bdump/alert_sid.log file, there were no entries about these core dumps.
Then I found a sid_ora_xxx.trc file in the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log directory and in the same dir there was a second alert_sid.log file. This new alert_file only contains three messages about three trace_files
(ora-7445).

The alert file in the oracle_base contains all the other messages
(shutdown,startup,log-switches etc).

Why does oracle put these messages in this directory?

Sun Solaris
RDBMS 7.3.4.4 Thank you,
Rob. Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 00:51:23 CDT