Re: shared pool / View v$sgastat

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 13:45:19 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Bruno Plankensteiner <bplank_at_ctp.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:47:51 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi
>my shared pool has a size of 50 MB. For some reaseon there there is only
>500 KB free memory left. On another DB-instance I have 35 MB space left.
>How can I encrease the free memory without changing the parameter
>shared_pool_size in the init.ora.

run less stuff. seriously, you must be running stuff in this machine that you are not in the other machine. We use memory until it is full -- no reason to keep 35meg off to the side "in case" -- we just use it.

you can alter system flush shared_pool but you would just be decreasing performance....

>For some reasons the library cache and the sql area take a lot of space.

you have more sql and data dictionary stuff to cache on this machine.

>Any idea?
>Regards
>Bruno

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Jul 30 1999 - 08:45:19 CDT