ORA-06571: Function FN_SUP does not guarantee not to update database

From: Anonymous <nobody_at_newsfeeds.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:48:43 +0200

Im using Oracle 7.3.3 on Solaris.

I write this package :

CREATE OR REPLACE
PACKAGE PKG_OPERATEUR_LOGIQUE
IS

    FUNCTION fn_sup ( a in number, b in number) return Integer; END;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE
PACKAGE BODY PKG_OPERATEUR_LOGIQUE IS
FUNCTION fn_sup ( a number, b number) return Integer is begin

	if a > b then
		return 1;
	else
		return 0;
	end if;

EXCEPTION
    WHEN OTHERS THEN
            RAISE;
END fn_sup;

END PKG_OPERATEUR_LOGIQUE;
/

When I make : select decode(PKG_OPERATEUR_LOGIQUE.fn_sup(1,0),1,1,0) from dual;
I obtain the error : ORA-06571: Function FN_SUP does not guarantee not to update database

Help me please !!!

Thank

  --------== Posted Anonymously via Newsfeeds.Com ==-------

     Featuring the worlds only Anonymous Usenet Server     -----------== http://www.newsfeeds.com ==---------- Received on Fri Jul 30 1999 - 08:48:43 CDT