Re: Use LDAP in Oracle

From: <sparik_at_acxiom.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:26:33 GMT

We have about 6 databases instances totalling 700Gb on a Machine running 7.3.2 and digital Unix 4B.

We need to migrate to Oracle 8.0.5.

Oracle 7.3.2 only runs on 4B and 8.0.5 only runs on 4D+. How can we achieve a migration without purchasing another machine onto which we need to migrate?

We were going to use another box as a staging box onto which we would migrate all of the databases and then copy them back.

This would allow us to parallel test. I would be interested to know of techniques other people who have perform this type of migration with this amount of data have used.

Sanj

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 27 1999 - 04:26:33 CDT