Re: How to recreate a database

From: Thierry Poels <Thierry.Poels_at_vab.be>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:33:19 +0200

Hi,

The import of a full export will create all tablespaces/datafiles including temporary tablespace and rollback tablespace, rollback segments, users, database links, tables, .....

The database itself (system tablespace, control files, redo log files) has to be created manually in advance.
Other tablespaces can also be created in advance, if you want to relocate the datafiles to another disk.

good luck,
Thierry Poels
Oracle DBA & Unix Sysadmin for VTB-VAB