Newbie question

From: Jared Hecker <jhecker_at_iago.nac.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:18:33 GMT

Hello,

I am an Oracle DBA with C and Smalltalk background. I've decided to learn Java. My question to the group is, which one?? I am, of course, aware of the schism between Sun and Microsoft. I have noticed numerous implmenetations of Java (in both the Unix and MS worlds) and am trying to figure out which flavor(s) will be most often used with Oracle, either via JDBC or a replacement for PL/SQL over time (or in e-commerce situations).

If it is convenient, e-mail will reach me faster.

TIA - Regards,
jh
--

Jared Hecker	| HWA Inc. - Oracle architecture and Administration
jared_at_hwai.com	|  ** serving NYC and New Jersey **