Oracle and Kerberos

From: <george.s.giles_at_vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 20 Jul 1999 13:07:15 GMT

I am trying to test the Oracle / Kerberos Authentication facility in Advanced Networking and I have three questions:

  1. is Advanced Networking bundled into 8.1.5, it does not appear as an installabel option from the CD (NT)
  2. The documentation (8.0.4) calls for usage of a kdb5_edit program which is not part of Kerberos.
  3. What is being authenticated, the TNS connection? I thought Kerberos was called when the operating system tried to authenticate a user using the external parameter and that authentication was external to Oracle.

TIA, George Giles Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 08:07:15 CDT