Re: Newbie question

From: Steve <someone34_at_geocities.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:34:48 -0400

Jared;

 MS Visual J++ is not multiplatform, doesn't stick to standard Java, and is being killed by judges court order. It may not be the best choice to invest significant time in.

IBM has made some nice Java "compilers" and runtime environments, sometimes nicer then Sun's.

To use their stuff you have to make sure your users have the IBM version of the Java runtime environments. This may/may not be a pain in the *&&^%%$ depending on your situation.

Good Luck

Steve

--
Steve
someone34_at_geocities.com

The Java Resource Dump:
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/4774/Java/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/4774

The Vipassana Page:
http://www.enabling.org/ia/vipassana

The current population of the Earth is 5.98 billion people. If current birth and death rates continue, the Earth's population will double in 40 years.

The Zero Population Growth Page:
http://www.zpg.org/