Re: Oracle 7 to 8 Migration Error

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:30:18 GMT

okay here's the odd thing. I took a 3rd look back at the migration doc, and it mentions briefly about taking a backup AFTER running the migration utility and BEFORE converting the database. So I did. I attempted to do the conversion, got the ORA 600 error, shutdown the db, removed the newly created controlfile, restored the SYSTEM and ROLLBACK tablespace datafiles from the post-MIG backup (all other TS were offlined), started up the db, and did the convert again.

Voila! Without a hitch. Go Figure.

-Roy

In article <3utk3.244$w3.482_at_news.ipass.net>,   "David Sisk" <davesisk_at_ipass.net> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Usually, only Oracle Support knows what the ORA-00600 errors mean
(they are
> untrapped errors). Right off, I'd guess you may need to apply one or
more
> patches to the 8.0.5.x.x software before you do the migration.
>
> Good luck!
>
> --
> David C. Sisk
> The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site
> http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm
>
> rspeaker_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <7mo3uf$ps0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am trying to upgrade/migrate from Oracle 7.3.2 to Oracle 8.0.5
using
> >the Oracle migration utility (AIX 4.2.1). Following along in the
> >Migration Guied, everything goes fine until I reach the point of
> >issuing alter database convert. At that point, I get an error saying
> >ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments [kzsrsdn:
1],[32],[],[],[],[].

> >If I try to shutdown the db, remove the new control files, and issue
> >the convert command again, it tells me that the datafile supporting
the
> >system tablespace is the 'wrong incarnation'.
> >
> >Has anybody ever seen this (before I call support) ?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Roy
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 11:30:18 CDT