Re: Which release of Oracle should we use?

From: Jeff Hunter <jeffh_at_btitelecom.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 23:05:14 -0400

Definitely 8.1.5! The pure database features in 8i (query rewrite capability, transportable tablespaces, etc.) are justification enough to use it. As long as this is a new box, you will be OK. If you were upgrading from another version of Oracle, you would have to run tests to make sure all your apps worked on 8i.