Re: Which release of Oracle should we use?

From: Paul da Cruz <pauldc_at_iscorvdb.co.za>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:02:46 +0200

I would then suggest the 8.05 version which has a host of features unavailable in the 7 versions, which facilitate a lot of things. Under correction I believe Oracle 7 does not have the nifty Recovery manager which makes backup and recovery tasks much easier and user friendly, as well as things like Objects and table partitioning. Paul da Cruz