Re: Setting SYSDATE to January 5, 2000

From: tmgn <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:51:13 -0400

Unfortunatly, sysdate will always get the date from the operating system setting. There is no way to set it to a particular value.

One possible option would be to not use sysdate, but to create a table with a particular date and use this table instead of sysdate. If you are doing some sort of plsql programing, you can set a variable to a specific date and use that.

Other option is to use the parameter FIXED_DATE in init.ora file so that it returns the same date you specify irrespective of the OS Date

-Thiru