Re: Full Import

From: Brian Yan <by999_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:06:22 GMT

Thank you very much for the answer. It has been very helpful for me to understand the full import process. I still have a question.

Now I understand that a database should be created before I do the full import. But what is the minimum database components I should create for doing a full import? should I create system tablespace, redo log, RBS tablespace and rollback segments before I can run a full import?

Thanks again,

Brian Yan
In article <378ba870.17925454_at_news.siol.net>,   jmodic_at_src.si (Jurij Modic) wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:17:16 GMT, Brian Yan <by999_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for all replies. However, in my understanding, a full import
not
> >only import the database objects, it also import the tablespaces,
>
> Correct.
>
> >sys and system users (please correct me if I am wrong).
>
> It imports SYSTEM's objects (user SYSTEM is always created when you
> create the databases) and properties, but not the SYS's objects, since
> they are never exported!
>
> > If the tablespaceswere created before the import, will the import
overwrite the existing
> >ones?
>
> Depends on whether you use parameter DESTROY=Y or not. If you use
> DESTROY=Y the tablespaces will be recreated with the same parameters
> as in the time of export. If the tablespace in the destination
> database was precreated it will be overwritten. However, if the
> datafile names are invalid (nonexistent directories, illegal path and
> names specifications,...) the CREATE TABLESPACE commands will fail.
>
> >Thank you very much for your time.
> >
> >Brian Yan
>
> HTH,
> Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
> Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)
> The above opinions are mine and do not represent
> any official standpoints of my employer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 12:06:22 CDT