Re: Setting SYSDATE to January 5, 2000

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:47:40 GMT

Yes,
modify your init.ora to include an entry for the "fixed_date" parameter.
I can't remember the format for it, but it requires it to be in a pre-defined format and include time etc. I think that if you put in an entry such as

fixed_date=12-jul-2001

Then stop and try to restart the database. The error you get will lead you to the correct format to use, in the error messages manual (I think!)

Cheers
Coakleyj

In article <7mi6eo$jib$1_at_bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>,   "Frank Siegel" <NorthernSnow_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.
>
> Is there a way to set SYSDATE to year 2000 without
> touching the system date in UNIX? We need this for
> Y2K testing and it would be a major league inconvience
> concerning UNIX crons and backups if we have to touch
> UNIX dates.
>
> Thanks again,
> Frank S.
> New Hampshire

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 13:47:40 CDT