Re: Force UPPERCASE for data placed in DB

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:46:08 GMT

You have a dilemma...data is either changed to uppercase at entry, or after it is in the database...

So, in order for lower case data to become upper case only one of the 2 options you listed will do it - unless you want to run a procedure during your system's off-peak time to do the changes...you could then update each table until all were done...watch your commits to avoid rollback segment problems...

It may be easier, tho not as efficient, to redo your queries to use the UPPER function in the where clause so that the case of the data is irrelevant - note that this type of query will not use any indexes....

Hope it helps,
John Greco