Re: Force UPPERCASE for data placed in DB

From: Mark Styles <styles-nospam_at_lambic.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:39:27 GMT

sjohnson <sjohnson_at_loudoun.com> instructed their monkeys to type:
>Is there a method to have Oracle convert all text stored in tables to
>uppercase? I thought about triggers but the number of triggers for each
>table and column would be difficult and cause a load on the system.

You only really need two triggers on each table, for insert and update, which isn't so bad, although obviously it's not ideal

You would need to update existing data manually of course.

>The front end has already been built and would require significant
>changes to force all entry fields to upper case.

Making those changes would be the best solution in the long run :)

Mark Styles
Oracle developer and DBA
http://www.lambic.co.uk/company Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 09:39:27 CDT