Thin JDBC client - how to interpret SQLExceptions

From: Richard Price <richard_at_ascend.nu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:27:19 -0600

Hi - I'm trying to get a handle on deciphering the SQLState values that are available in the SQLException objects that can be caught during a session. I'd like to think that I can interpret these and act accordingly. E.g. for some data errors I want to keep processing. For others, like connections reset or dropped I want to backout as gracefully as possible.

I have an SQL book that states the ANSI SQLState conventions is not supported universally and therefore is deprecated essentially. If this is the case, where can I get a definitive list of Oracle's codes as that may come back via the Thin JDBC client?

I realize this is probably not the correct forum for this, but while I search for the right one I thought I'd toss it out there.

If anyone knows of a good resource/overview of exception handling with JDBC, I'd love to read it.

Thanks!

Richard Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 09:27:19 CDT