MTS and Oracle 8i

From: Mark Vanni <mark_at_nextgeninternet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:39:51 -0400

I am working with MTS 2.0 and Oracle 8.1.5 running on Windows NT 4.0 SP5. Unfortunately, we cannot seem to get an MTS component to run within a transaction. All of the Micrsoft documentation refers to Oracle 7.3 and Oracle 8 and the use of XA, which no longer exists in Oracle 8.1.5. The Oracle documentaion that comes with 8.1.5 talks about the Oracle Service for MTS, which I believe replaces XA. The Microsoft sample application which is referenced in the Oracle documentation does not work properly. The error number that is returned is -2147164158(Bank.MoveMoney.Perform):Method of object Failed. While this is an error generated by the VB client app, it appearantly stemmed from the inability acquire a transaction. We have tried both the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle v2.573.4202.00 as well as Oracle ODBC Driver v8.01.05.00. We are not using the Oracle OCI or OO4O, but rather trying to use ODBC via ADO.

Has anyone worked through these problems already? Does someone know of more complete documentation?

-Mark
mark_at_nextgeninternet.com Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 10:39:51 CDT