ORA-04030: Out of process memory ERROR

From: M. Rothwell <mrothwell_at_jps.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:11:35 GMT

I am getting the following error when doing an insert into... select....

ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocat 10232 bytes (pga hep, ksm stack)

I am selecting from 3 tables, One main table that has about 4.3M records and two small lookup tables. The query is grouping by several columns.

This query is running for about 1/2 hour before it blows up. I have verified that is is using indexes for the joins.

We have called Oracle, they have no answers except to say the it should be fixed in the next version.

Running Oracle 8.0.5.1.0.0

        AIX 4.3 on a 4 CPU RS6000 with 2M ram.

I'm not running out of temp space or rollback space, and the OS is not paging.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Michael.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 12:11:35 CDT