Re: Job queue Question

From: nooruddin <nooruddin76_at_telebot.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:55:46 +0530

I'll try!

Ok open the init.ora or inst.ora file(which is applicable to your database version) and see whether the following entry is there:

job_queue_processes=(something)

and

job_queue_interval=(something)

if they are not there in the init.ora or inst.ora file then add them as

job_queue_proecesses=2

job_queue_interval=3

save this file and then close and restart the database.

AS for the other part I think that your dbms_job.submit is wrong make correction if you want to run it every 6 pm:

dbms_job.submit(:v_jobnum,'tempinsert;',sysdate,'trunc(sysdate)+3/4');

run this script and then come to the sql prompt and then type

print v_jobnum

it should display a job number

I think this will solve the problem.....

Note in the above submit which i wrote tempinsert is any procedure name

and v_jobnum is out parameter;

if the problem is not solved let me know bye....