Ways to improve database speed

From: <bgumus_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:54:17 GMT

Hi,
In our project, we process flat files and populate our 25 tables with the data from the file. And later, we create reports from the database. Our problem is speed. What do you advise us to increase database population and data retrieving speed? Do we need to increase size of the rollback segments? What should we do?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration

PS. Please reply ASAP.

Bulent Gumus
Software Engineer
OnBoard Software Inc
bgumus_at_onboard-software.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 16:54:17 CDT