Re: adding protocol to listener file

From: <mweishan_at_gr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:45:39 GMT

In article <7mdanc$pu5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   farrellyr_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> We have been using Decnet as our protocol on OpenVMS. We are now
> starting to also use TCP. I can just add this protocol into the
> listener.ora without doing anything else?

Here is a sample Listener.ora file for TCP/IP.

listener=(address_list=
 (address=

   (protocol=tcp)
   (port=1521)
   (host=your_hostname))

 )

sid_list_listener=(sid_list=
 (sid_desc=

    (sid_name=your_SID)
    (global_dbname=your_SID)
 )
)

Change your_hostname to your hostname and your_SID to the SID of the Instance you want to connect to.

Then you must do a lsnrctl reload so the listener will recognize the new service. Remember to make an entry in your TNSNAMES.ORA file for the new service as well. It would look like this:

SIDNAME=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = your_host)(PORT = 1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=SIDNAME)(SERVER=DEDICATED))) Change SIDNAME and your_host here as well to meet your needs.

HTH, Matt Weishan
Senior Oracle Instructor
Greenbrier & Russel, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 16:45:39 CDT